The German Charities Council is an umbrella organisation of charitable organisations that collect donations. Transparency, security, credibility, ethical standards and accountability are keywords to which the member organisations are committed. The association's goals are:
- To provide transparency to donors and the public by disclosing structures, activities, projects, and finances as part of a comprehensible annual report.
- To guarantee quality assurance with regard to compliance with the principles of the German Charities Council and, in particular, accounting through the support of member organisations.
- To provide consumers with the "Golden Rules for Donating" practical tips and helpful information on proper donation behavior.
- To inform the public about the volume of donations in Germany within the framework of the "Balance of Helping" or the study "Trends and Forecast".
- To maintain as well as promote people's willingness to donate and thus strengthen the culture of giving.
- To reduce bureaucracy and make the legal framework for civic engagement by tax-privileged organisations and volunteers more flexible.
In particular, the donation certificate of the German Charities Council proves the responsible and transparent handling of funds entrusted to Sign of Hope. To obtain the Donation Certificate, two independent auditing companies are available to verify compliance with the principles of the German Charities Council as well as compliance with the declaration of voluntary commitment. This ensures the highest level of information, security, transparency and trust for the donor.
For Sign of Hope, acting fairly and transparently in accordance with the German Charities Council also means:
- We solicit members or donations without offering gifts, perks or other benefits.
- Donor or member addresses are used exclusively for our own purposes - i.e. not sold, rented or exchanged.
- Employees as well as service providers we remunerate success-independent (commission-free).
Annual Report 2022 of Sign of Hope
Declaration of commitment
Declaration of compliance with the principles of the German Charities Council
Auditor's certification of compliance with the principles of the German Charities Council
Notice of exemption of Hoffnungszeichen | Sign of Hope e.V.
Extract from the register of associations of Hoffnungszeichen | Sign of Hope e.V.
Management Report of Hoffnungszeichen | Sign of Hope e.V.
Multi-division accounting in accordance with principles of the German Charities Council